Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,251 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 660,510
Pageviews Today: 1,075,069Threads Today: 429Posts Today: 7,215
11:11 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Chronic barium intoxication disrupts sulphated proteoglycan synthesis: a hypothesis for the origins of multiple sclerosis.

Anonymous Coward
05/24/2005 05:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Chronic barium intoxication disrupts sulphated proteoglycan synthesis: a hypothesis for the origins of multiple sclerosis.
From the National Library of Medicine

Purdey M.

High Barn Farm, Elworthy, Taunton, Somerset TA43PX, UK. [email protected]

High level contamination by natural and industrial sources of the alkali earth metal, barium (Ba) has been identified in the ecosystems/workplaces that are associated with high incidence clustering of multiple sclerosis (MS) and other neurodegenerative diseases such as the transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Analyses of ecosystems supporting the most renowned MS clusters in Saskatchewan, Sardinia, Massachusetts, Colorado, Guam, NE Scotland demonstrated consistently elevated levels of Ba in soils (mean: 1428 ppm) and vegetation (mean: 74 ppm) in relation to mean levels of 345 and 19 ppm recorded in MS-free regions adjoining. The high levels of Ba stemmed from local quarrying for Ba ores and/or use of Ba in paper/foundry/welding/textile/oil and gas well related industries, as well as from the use of Ba as an ASTMOSPHERIC AEROSOL spray for enhancing/refracting the signalling of radio/radar waves along military jet flight paths, missile test ranges, etc. It is proposed that chronic contamination of the biosystem with the reactive types of Ba salts can initiate the pathogenesis of MS; due to the conjugation of Ba with free sulphate, which subsequently deprives the endogenous sulphated proteoglycan molecules (heparan sulfates) of their sulphate co partner, thereby disrupting synthesis of S-proteoglycans and their crucial role in the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signalling which induces oligodendrocyte progenitors to maintain the growth and structural integrity of the myelin sheath. Loss of S-proteoglycan activity explains other key facets of MS pathogenesis; such as the aggregation of platelets and the proliferation of superoxide generated oxidative stress. Ba intoxications disturb the sodium-potassium ion pump--another key feature of the MS profile. The co-clustering of various neurodegenerative diseases in these Ba-contaminated ecosystems suggests that the pathogenesis of all of these diseases could pivot upon a common disruption of the sulphated proteoglycan-growth factor mediated signalling systems. Individual genetics dictates which specific disease emerges at the end of the day.

PMID: 15082100 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

[link to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15082100&query_hl=2
Anonymous Coward
12/08/2005 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Chronic barium intoxication disrupts sulphated proteoglycan synthesis: a hypothesis for the origins of multiple sclerosis.
Environmental factors are begininng to be recognized in their roles in most if not all disease.
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
Re: Chronic barium intoxication disrupts sulphated proteoglycan synthesis: a hypothesis for the origins of multiple sclerosis.
Thank You for the info!!! I have MSflower
Watch the Sky
Report Abusive Post
Translation...Chemtrails cause neurological disorders along with a host of other diseases. Bug spray = depopulation.
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
I really believe it is caused by something enviromental. Also MS is difficult to diagnose until the diasease reaches a certain stage. I wasn´t diagnosed until I lost vision in my left eye and could not walk.
Trac
Report Abusive Post
Vitamin C, humans...
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
extra B vitamins also
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
SCARY STUFF thanks for the post

could you tell me weather or not barium has a radio active count ? if only background
i have noticed the geiger counter go`es off more when its raining this is still low count, but could the barium in chem trails be doing this ??
your comments please
Lying BABB Maggot™
Report Abusive Post
Finally, some proof chemtrails don´t exist. It´s about time someone posted something relevant.

Do you mind if I send all the "chemtrail believers" to this thread? Boy, are THEY in for a shock!
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
CHEMMIES FULL OF BARIUM
Rex
Report Abusive Post
bump
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
At first I was told by my doctors that it could be genetic but no one else in my family has or has had MS. At one point in my life I did work around chemicals
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
Am sorry to learn of this Ice Vixen,
a victim of a fouled enviroment
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for your concern! I thought I should share this with others. I never thought this would happen to me but at least I am here! I am doing rather well lately also. flower
Dee
Report Abusive Post
Please tell me if I am reading this right..

The high levels of Ba stemmed from local quarrying for Ba ores and/or use of Ba in paper/foundry/welding/textile/oil and gas well related industries, as well as from the use of Ba as an ASTMOSPHERIC AEROSOL spray for enhancing/refracting the signalling of radio/radar waves along military jet flight paths, missile test ranges, etc.

the as well as part...as well as from the use of Ba as an ASTMOSPHERIC AEROSOL spray for enhancing refracting the signalling of radio/radar waves along military jet flight paths.

Barium which contributes to multiple sclerosis.
is found in chemtrails is that or is that not the jest of this statement.. Thanks
Lying BABB Maggot™
Report Abusive Post
ice Vixen:

My apologies.

In my joy over finding documentation to help shut down the chemtrail believers, I neglected to notice I was reading a human story as well. That was pretty cold and out of character for me.

I don´t believe you and I have shared many threads, if any. None the less, I sincerely wish you my best. I wish you strength to help you through the challenges you have in front of you. Take care.

LBM™
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
Thank You ! Your words mean alot to me! flower
OP
Report Abusive Post
"Barium which contributes to multiple sclerosis.
is found in chemtrails is that or is that not the jest of this statement.. Thanks"

Dee, it is saying,"The high levels of Ba stemmed from local quarrying for Ba ores and/or use of Ba in paper/foundry/weldingtextile/oil and gas well related industries, as well as from the use of Ba as an ATMOSPHERIC AEROSOL spray for enhancing/refracting the signal of radio/radar waves along military jet flight paths, missile test ranges ect."
It depends on your definition of atmospheric aerosol spray.
By the way as far as I can tell this comes from a government website, by the looks of the url.
Op
Report Abusive Post
"could you tell me weather or not barium has a radio active count ? if only background "

Sorry 153 I can´t help you there.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
Multiple sclerosis is caused by the effect of infection from Human Endogenous Retrovirus Type W (HERV-W). The virus envelope has a superantigen in it that results in the body´s immune system targeting the myelin sheath (which serves as insulation in nerve axons). As a result of the detrimenting of the myelin sheath (as a function of the body´s own immune system being mis-directed to attack the myelin sheath), the insulation of the nerve fibers is compromised. Nerve signals, then, are short circuited. This is a progressive disorder caused by the infection of HERV-W, the superantigen, and the body´s immune system reaction to the superantigen. Drugs which turn down/downregulate the body´s immune system will delay damaged myelin sheaths and, thus, delay the symptoms/effects we know as "multiple sclerosis." Alternatively, protease inhibitors may slow down transcription of HERV-W and thus delay MS as well. Various antiviral drugs may help as well, e.g., Tamiflu. The objective is to either a) kill the HERV-W retrovirus, or, b) turn down the body´s immune system, or, c) interrupt/modify the superantigen in the HERV-W env. Barium is an immune system suppressant and would, if anything, have beneficial effect on someone infected with HERV-W and having MS, at least for some while. For others who are not infected with an immune-system-stimulating retrovirus like HERV-W, barium would decrement their immune systems and would likely result in being more vulnerable to other bacteria and viruses in the environment.
Lying BABB Maggot™
Report Abusive Post
Here is the logic in case some are missing it:

IF:
barium is responsible for high incidence clustering of multiple sclerosis (MS)

AND:
barium is being "sprayed" all across the US in "chemtrails"

THEN:
there _must_ be high incidence multiple sclerosis across the US, not just localized clusters

SINCE:
there is not, there is also no spraying of barium across the US

You can´t have one without the other.

Edited to add:
I am not disputing barium as a cause for MS (this is unknown to me). I am disputing that barium is being "sprayed". Just to be sure we´re clear.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
Ice Vixen, the effects of every environmentally triggered or induced malady can be to some degree or another reversed.

Unfortunately modern medicine focuses on synthetically produced medication primarily.

There are other things that can be done.

One of the most important things to do is to remove oneself from the area of contamination. Move if possible. Also there are methods of removing heavy metals, chelation, I believe.

I imagine that you´ve looked into alternative therapies.

I hope that you find some relief one way or another.
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
I have been on various injectable meds over the past few yrs for my immune system. Unfortunatly they did not stop the progression of my diasease. The meds have terriable side effects in fact the Beta Seron left me with renal insuffiency. What works for one patient may not work for another. Also There are different types of MS. The injectable drugs seem to work for relaspsing remitting forms of the diasease. My stage is considered progressive.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
According to 4880"s post MS is the result of viral infection. Therefore the issue of environmental toxins is not applicable.

Maggot please don´t post your arguments here. At best it is in poor taste.
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
yes I have done the alternatives but my diasease has progressed rapidly in the last yr. I am now being prescribed quality of life meds. I try relaxation techinques, prayer and try to eat. I have been to many doctors over the yrs and some of them have differing views on the cause of MS
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
OP please post a link to the website that you got your info from so that we can lay the aeresol spraying issue to rest to the satisfaction of everyone.
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
Some doctors have said enviroment some have said genetic and some the virus that was mentioned.
Lying BABB Maggot™
Report Abusive Post
6874:

>>Maggot please don´t post your arguments here. At best it is in poor taste.

While I appreciate your position, you may wish to reread the subject line and the OP. I have nothing but sympathy for ice Vixen and her situation, but this is an environmental contamination thread. I will just assume you momentarily forgot that.
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
ice Vixen
Report Abusive Post
It is very frustrating but research is being done. One has to be careful with some of the MS websites because all they are is a push for the pharm companies. As I said if one is diagnosed with this diasease all the drs want to do is to push the injectable drugs which can cost as much as $1300. per month. The drs and pharm companies really do not explain the side effects. Some people can take them and do ok. others can´t
Anonymous Coward
Report Abusive Post
If this is the case Ice Vixen, then I wish for you peace in your life.

Thank you for coming here to this often hate filled place and sharing your ideas opinions and knowledge with us even though this is at times a very trying place.

Your presence among us is even more appreciated for the circumstances under which you come.

Thank you.

GLP