User ID: 125508
China
08/02/2006 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The REAL reason Bush is in office
[link to www.youtube.com]

Quoting Jim Marrs:

"I live in rural Texas which is pretty conservative and pretty much Bush country, and they're strangely quite about this (911, patriot act, wars in the mid-east, etc.). I think they're disquietened about what's going on because they don't really know what to do about it and I try to explain to them, this is why Gore could not be allowed to take the White House. This is why they had to get the Supreme Court to place George Bush in the White House. Because if Gore would have gotten in, the very same things would have happened, we would have had 911, we would invaded Afghanistan, we would have invaded Iraq, because that was part of the plan. Ok? The difference would have been that as a perceived liberal democrat, that right-wing, conservative, republican bunch would have raised hell about his stripping of the constitution and about his adventurism around the world. But, with Bush in office, it kept 'em muted. And I've heard many of 'em say, "I don't really agree with what's going on", but they can't bring themselves to get up and raise Cain about it because, he's their guy. Or at least that's the perception."
Dynamo Hum

User ID: 100371
United States
08/02/2006 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The REAL reason Bush is in office
It's certainly something to consider.
Making people nervous since 1965
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 105062
Ireland
08/02/2006 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
a sad reflection of how utterly stupid these poeple are...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 56291
United States
08/02/2006 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
write in bootsy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 124605
United States
08/02/2006 03:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent point, never thought about it that way, and Marrs is totally right about this.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
China
08/02/2006 03:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
a sad reflection of how utterly stupid these poeple are...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 105062

They'll sell themselves, their families, and their country down the river because of a misconception. bushfing
DanG
User ID: 125069
United States
08/02/2006 04:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
we would be in better shape with
a f*ckin Retarded Monkey running
the country...

oh wait
Matrix
User ID: 112050
Australia
08/02/2006 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Since the supreme court helped put Bush there, it is a shame there is no appeals process in place when these kinds of judgments are made.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 107423
Panama
08/02/2006 04:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting Jim Marrs:

"I live in rural Texas which is pretty conservative and pretty much Bush country, and they're strangely quite about this (911, patriot act, wars in the mid-east, etc.). I think they're disquietened about what's going on because they don't really know what to do about it and I try to explain to them, this is why Gore could not be allowed to take the White House. This is why they had to get the Supreme Court to place George Bush in the White House. Because if Gore would have gotten in, the very same things would have happened, we would have had 911, we would invaded Afghanistan, we would have invaded Iraq, because that was part of the plan. Ok? The difference would have been that as a perceived liberal democrat, that right-wing, conservative, republican bunch would have raised hell about his stripping of the constitution and about his adventurism around the world. But, with Bush in office, it kept 'em muted. And I've heard many of 'em say, "I don't really agree with what's going on", but they can't bring themselves to get up and raise Cain about it because, he's their guy. Or at least that's the perception."
 Quoting: Do you agree? 125508

Bingo!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 125540
United States
08/02/2006 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
That's the stupidest attempt at logic I've heard in a long time.

The conservatives would BENEFIT from railing against the "aggressor" Democrats if it were Dems in office (under the assumption that we would still have had 911 and Afghanistan and invade Iraq).

I don't believe all that, yes, we may have had 911 with a military standdown, but big question about the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. I really believe foreign policy would have been different without "Cheney-Bush" in the White House.
FoolOnTheHill

User ID: 125286
United Arab Emirates
08/02/2006 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I also have some problems with the convoluted logic, but then I suppose it's possible. You have to fully accept the theories of Alex Jones and others and I am not ready to do that uncritically.

Going back to the 2000 election, had Gore acted more like a leader, more like a man, more like the way he has acted lately, we would not even be talking about any of this--he would have creamed Bush. As to what he would have done in office, that is unknown. But I don't think we would have seen the diplomatic metdown and isolation of the US we have seen under Bush.

On the 2004 election, I am still trying to understand why Kerry caved so quickly (unlike Gore in 2000). Was the election as Alex would like to characterize it, a non-election, or as I have joked, "skull vs. numbskull?" Was Kerry relieved that he would not have to attempt to clean up Bush's mess (which is now a 25-year program)?

But to return to the orignal statement, I cannot help but be amused at how these conservatives are so unhappy with their boy. They used to bitch about "tax and spend" dems. Now we have "steal and kill" repugs, with the deficit growing beyond all reason. You tell me which is worse.
"Power that depends on bombarding others with our ambition or terrorizing them into submission does not last. [The path to genuine power involves] fearlessness, artfulness, and rejoicing." Sakyong Mipham, "Ruling Your World"
Anonymous Coward (OP)
China
08/02/2006 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting Jim Marrs:

Bingo!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 107423

That's how I feel about it too.
Daniel

User ID: 125558
United Kingdom
08/02/2006 08:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Der Fuhrer bush was given a "personal" helicopter tour by Sharon.

Kerry yelled from Mossada -
"Israel Forever"

As far as I know Gore hasn't been to Israel.

Get the Picture???

Licking Sharon's DINGLEBERRIES!!!

Daniel

:bushhitler:hitler
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 125840
China
08/02/2006 08:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
ToadMaster

User ID: 124954
Australia
08/02/2006 09:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
I also have some problems with the convoluted logic, but then I suppose it's possible. You have to fully accept the theories of Alex Jones and others and I am not ready to do that uncritically.

Going back to the 2000 election, had Gore acted more like a leader, more like a man, more like the way he has acted lately, we would not even be talking about any of this--he would have creamed Bush. As to what he would have done in office, that is unknown. But I don't think we would have seen the diplomatic metdown and isolation of the US we have seen under Bush.

On the 2004 election, I am still trying to understand why Kerry caved so quickly (unlike Gore in 2000). Was the election as Alex would like to characterize it, a non-election, or as I have joked, "skull vs. numbskull?" Was Kerry relieved that he would not have to attempt to clean up Bush's mess (which is now a 25-year program)?

But to return to the orignal statement, I cannot help but be amused at how these conservatives are so unhappy with their boy. They used to bitch about "tax and spend" dems. Now we have "steal and kill" repugs, with the deficit growing beyond all reason. You tell me which is worse.
 Quoting: FoolOnTheHill

uh.. rigged votes..
:toadmaster:
slightly retarded republican
User ID: 125850
India
08/02/2006 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Totally agree with OPs assessment. The republicans are much better organized and would have put up a more vicious fight against Gore/Kerry, but the republicans generally lack discernment when it comes to their own.
User ID: 46032
United States
08/02/2006 09:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
He's in office because Murka's masters selected him to be in office - the perfect puppet.

And that theme mentioned by Marrs is one of the reasons they selected him - dupe righty whitey.

Murka's masters have been duping righty whitey for about two decades now, and it's all part of the plan - FOX, Rush, etc.

But, hey, all you righty whities out there spew forth your simple-simon labels - "liberal", "pinko", etc. - at this stuff in typicl pavlovian fashion and keep outsourcing your thinking.
AmyLi

User ID: 125861
United States
08/02/2006 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
All very good points. How else could the village idiot rise to such a level?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 127741
China
08/07/2006 02:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's all true, all of it! soap
Æon

User ID: 122996
United States
08/07/2006 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
These hillbillies think of politics in the way they think of sports -- always support your team, regardless of what they do. They don't have the mental acumen to examine the facts, and a vast majority of them have never even read the Constitution.
Ave Gæ , morituri te salutamus!
Anonymous Coward
China
08/07/2006 02:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
a vast majority of them have never even read the Constitution.
 Quoting: Æon

Who's ever read the constitution? And what's the point? As Bush said recently, "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face! It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" [link to www.counterpunch.org]
SpiritKnownAsJim

User ID: 115602
United States
08/07/2006 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't see the big deal with the Patriot Act.

The entire time it has been active...

I have never been the target of any investigation.

But then maybe I don't do anything that sets off alarm bells either.
Help I'm gay and stuck in this closet!
Anonymous Coward
China
08/07/2006 03:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't see the big deal with the Patriot Act.

The entire time it has been active...

I have never been the target of any investigation.

But then maybe I don't do anything that sets off alarm bells either.
 Quoting: SpiritKnownAsJim

885 whistle suicide
SpiritKnownAsJim

User ID: 115602
United States
08/07/2006 03:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
yawn

When I become the target of an investigation empowered by the Patriot Act I will let you know, and become actively involved in the fight with all you conspiracy nuts.

Until then. My advice, have a beer and relax.

You people scare me worse than the Patriot Act.
Help I'm gay and stuck in this closet!
Anonymous Coward
China
08/07/2006 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
yawn

When I become the target of an investigation empowered by the Patriot Act I will let you know, and become actively involved in the fight with all you conspiracy nuts.

You people scare me worse than the Patriot Act.

Just be aware that failing to stand up for justice for one person is failure to stand up for justice for everyone.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller
freddie
User ID: 117009
United States
08/07/2006 03:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
The entire south is full of morons.
Bud
User ID: 83143
United States
08/07/2006 03:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
To Canada, we are all south
AA

User ID: 119157
United States
08/07/2006 03:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting perspective.
"Pray, v:. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 127642
China
08/07/2006 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Interesting perspective.
 Quoting: AA

Interesting indeed.
hello
User ID: 71715
Australia
08/07/2006 07:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Given that George W Bush's father pulls some of the strings, why would you risk putting George in the top puppet seat instead of Neil or Jeb ?

Both are much more articulate than george so what gives ?

Is it because TPTB know that at some point they might have to dispense with the puppet, to create the ultimate outrage ?

Is it because the 911 military standdown event had potential for the President to be charged with treason ?

If one of your sons has to be sacrificed to a life in prison then let it me the bumbling idiot ?
Æon

User ID: 122996
United States
08/07/2006 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Typical 'good German' response. How's the old liver holding up, mr. bashy-ashkenazi
Ave Gæ , morituri te salutamus!

GLP