Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,409 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 326,308
Pageviews Today: 531,515Threads Today: 155Posts Today: 3,022
06:33 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

NASA UPDATED THE SW-3 BD PIECE!!!! THE INFO. WAS ACCURATE - MIN MISS DISTANCE AT 1/25 DISTANCE TO THE MOON!!! THAT IS IN OUR ATMOSPHERE!!!

HeidiLore

User ID: 85208
United States
05/03/2006 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: NASA UPDATED THE SW-3 BD PIECE!!!! THE INFO. WAS ACCURATE - MIN MISS DISTANCE AT 1/25 DISTANCE TO THE MOON!!! THAT IS IN OUR ATMOSPHERE!!!
Alaska ahhhh...that I am envious of
Visit my website...

[link to heidi-lore.tripod.com]

Need to email? [email protected]

Visit the GLP video site and click on groups:

[link to youtube.com]

The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door. That's the only difference.

I believe I can see the future, 'cause I repeat the same routine. I think I used to have a purpose, but then again, it might have been a dream
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 85992
United States
05/03/2006 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: NASA UPDATED THE SW-3 BD PIECE!!!! THE INFO. WAS ACCURATE - MIN MISS DISTANCE AT 1/25 DISTANCE TO THE MOON!!! THAT IS IN OUR ATMOSPHERE!!!
I think poonhound has been watching Armaggedon too many times.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 80246
United States
05/03/2006 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
5/3/2006 12:39 AM

>I think poonhound has been watching Armaggedon too many times.

Who knows, maybe, maybe not. Perhaps Popular media is a way to explore ideas and concepts through realistic fiction so that people can contemplate ideas and themes in a safe manner.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9212
United States
05/03/2006 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
85992 - Do you think everything that happens in Hollywood is from the imigination of creative writers. Think again.

Have you ever heard of the Star Wars defense program? Well, it didn't die. It's alive and well. The original goal of the program was to thwart inbound ICBMs from the USSR. It has morphed in to a system that can defeat inbound NEOs.

However, inbound NEOs are much more difficult than ICBMs. The velocity/size of the inbound objects make this task extremely complicated. The technology needed to track/target/destroy these types of inbound objects has continued to develop since the '80s.

These weapons systems have been tested in space multiple times (multiple generations) with mixed results. However, they have never been tested against a real NEO. Thus, the rub. Will these systems perform against the real deal.

If the surface-to-air tests of similar (less advanced) systems a couple years ago are any indication, I don't have a tremdous amount of confidence. I don't think anybody does.

Let's hope/pray for the best. That's all we can do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 88656
Australia
05/03/2006 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
so it'll most likely miss, right? agreed? the tail is dust, debris and gas right? all moving at high speed, correct? there's those thingys called the van allen belts, radiation belts. know what happens to a gas in a vacuum when its exposed to radiation? turns to plasma. know what plasma does to circuitry? like satelite curcuitry? remember back in the late 90's when an M class flare erased/vaporized one commsat? knocked out 90% of all cell service and pager service. hughes, the satelite provider for directv lost three sats last year to "I dunno know". pzzzt, 3 birds gone, nonresponsive. what happens to those things when they're dipped in a charged field of comet gas that's been excited by the earth's radiation and the sun's? I dunno know, hopefully nothing because armegeddon is going to be uglier and scarier than anything those who wish to welcome it in can imagine. and I ain't talkin' no st. john the divine mushroomhead revelations. more like a mix of mad max, tank girl and the day after.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 88650
United States
05/03/2006 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wasnt there a female astronaut that quit recently to spend more time with her family, I remember reading that somewhere. can't recall
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 82710
United States
05/03/2006 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
yes she did

interesting eh
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
"85992 - Do you think everything that happens in Hollywood is from the imigination of creative writers. Think again."

In one of poonhound's other posts in another thread he mentioned taking out a large sum of money from a loan shark and had sex with an expensive hooker. And, in this thread, he is going on with his charade of pretending to be a NASA astronaut. I was just pointing out the BS. bsflag
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
5/3/2006 1:14 AM

Clearly, you're a "Baby with the Bathwater" kind of guy. Most people here, however, are not. The jury is still out on this.

We need more information.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 87550
United States
05/03/2006 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Remember the old atari game asteroids? Sooner or later you got hit.
THE DOOM
User ID: 87697
Australia
05/03/2006 01:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
All I can say...SERIOUSLY....IS.....WE....ARE....

ALLLL DOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEDDDD!!!

And whats really funny is no one really takes me seriously...

YOU are not supposed to....

I meant it to be a "laugh"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

THE DOOM can be funny....if it was not for the fact that THIS time...

THE DOOOOM IS VERY REAL...

nuke charlie
Poonhound
United States
05/03/2006 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Finally! Just testing the common sense of the GLP visitors today. Thanks for calling the Poonhound out. I was starting to get worried for a minute. BTW - Armageddon is one of my favorite movies. It rocks!

Seriously now, if this comment frag(s) are truely inbound, we're fucked. I don't have any confidence in NASA or the US Defense Department to protect us from NEOs.

Poonhound is now dead to GLP.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Clearly, you're a "Baby with the Bathwater" kind of guy. Most people here, however, are not. The jury is still out on this."

I have no idea what your analogy refers to. The jury is about this guy being a fake or about the comet hitting the Earth? I think there is a chance a fragment of the comet hitting the earth. I won't argue that the jury is still out about that. But, the guy being a fake, I made my judgement on that and hold to it.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Finally! Just testing the common sense of the GLP visitors today. Thanks for calling the Poonhound out. I was starting to get worried for a minute. BTW - Armageddon is one of my favorite movies. It rocks!"

Thanks for the honest answer. I thought your original was a parody and took it as that, but you kept going. gwdance
GreyTalker
User ID: 88663
Canada
05/03/2006 01:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not to worry everyone.

I'm sure the aliens will take care of that nasty little comet for us.

They're certainly not going to let it hit their base on the moon.

alien03
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Throwing out the Baby with the Bathwater is the same thing as throwing out the whole bushel of apples because of a few bad ones.
former - Poonhound
United States
05/03/2006 01:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
And your judgement would absolutely correct. The judgement of some of the others here is in question.

I also believe there is a possibility of a strike. Sooner or later, it's going to happen.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13966
United States
05/03/2006 01:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
-sigh-

and my underground shelter won't be here till end of july

awwwwwwwwwwww baby
former - Poonhound
United States
05/03/2006 01:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, I should have connected the dots between the two threads as to not lead those in in this thread, but I forget. My bad. My parody was obvious in the first thread, less so here. Sorry, just having a bit of fun with my version of Armageddon. Hope nobody holds this againt me given all the other nonsense posted here.

All kidding aside, I really hope this turns out to be nothing.
THE DOOM
User ID: 87697
Australia
05/03/2006 01:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
And your judgement would absolutely correct. The judgement of some of the others here is in question.

I also believe there is a possibility of a strike. Sooner or later, it's going to happen.
----------------------------------------

Pity its sooner rather than later...hang on..there is one coming later too..WHAT am I saying?

OH YES...

WE ARE ALL DOOOOMED!!!

nuke charlie
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
former - Poonhound
5/3/2006 1:27 AM

>And your judgement would absolutely correct. The judgement of some of the others here is in question.

No, the only issue of credibility came up because you presented a plausible description similar to several popular films which, though obviously a fake post, presented a plausible, possible actual occurence. Someone responded with the "BS" flag, but it really is detracting from the topic at hand.

Debunking. Baby with the Bathwater.

The jury is still out, and we need more information.
former - Poonhound
United States
05/03/2006 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
80246 - I don't claim to be any more in the know than you. I just have an active imigination and watch to many movies.

It's certainly possible that NASA or the Defense Dept. has a well thought out plan on how to deal with NEOs.

However, I just have a gut feeling this isn't the case.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Perhaps, we shall see.

I am going to continue to check this page:

[link to neo.jpl.nasa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 62850
Germany
05/03/2006 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
You are such an alarmist!!! Non-event I predict.
willow

User ID: 60811
United States
05/03/2006 01:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.skyhound.com]

interesting observer page.
Question Everything
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 01:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is from the other thread. Is this total horseshit?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 88337
5/3/2006 1:50 AM

Re: Nostradamus Comet prophecy

>Cant believe that noone has brought up the deep impact mission.

Nasa knows something is going to hit, that was a practise shot. The reason they told us about it? Amature Telescopes would have seen the outpore of gas when it collided.
willow

User ID: 60811
United States
05/03/2006 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
you could have something there.hmmmm
Question Everything
Emperor Kenton

User ID: 87536
United States
05/03/2006 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov]
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/03/2006 02:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow, nice find, Steadman.
groucho nli
User ID: 6484
United States
05/03/2006 02:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
kent, can you explain in "laymans" term, what that pic is?
I have seen this posted elswhere, and it looks like alot of things went very fast past the camera.. It dosn't tell me, from where, to where, and such.
could you please explain?

GLP